Monday, November 24, 2008

For Starters


I hope to blog some of my experiences in Second Life, some good some bad, dome funny some sad, some curious and some just plain weird.


I started in Second Life not really knowing what to expect, but know I was really tired of Yahoo, AOL and MSN chatrooms and A/S/L, and all the other nonsense. especially with the persistant attempts to invade my life. Myspace and Facebook were not much better and quickly degenerated into daily onslaughts and requests for nude of embarassing pictures and not much more.

So the pixelated virtual world of SL seemed a nice way to get away from all that. That was my thought anyway. Sadly it hasn't been all true although it has been easier to maintain some distance while exploring new ideas and worlds.

It has continually puzzled me that so many people want to blend this virtual world with their real life and after seeing disasterous results when these have collided time and time again with marriages breaking up, cyber stalking and personal information posted, I have become more and more convinced to keep my real live (aka RL) out of SL as much as possible.

A few very close friends in SL know a bit about me and what I do outside of SL and they are satisfied with that and dont pry, either because they accept my boundaries and or just really dont care and just want to have fun. That is why they are my best friends in sl.

I've blithered on enough for a preamble to my blog, so we shall see what becomes of this.....

No comments:

Just Catching Up On Some Reading

I am still around just been busy.