Friday, October 16, 2009

A BIT OF INFORMATION

As we still are struggling with LL getting our events at Cherry18 posted in the Second Life Community Events Calendar, I will inform readers here of at least the schedule.
Fridays 2 – 4 PM SLT
DJ Katt
Themes are posted on our events calendar in the school and you can get a copy of the schedule by touching the board.

Sundays 4 – 6 PM SLT
DJ Yuuki
Upcoming themes to be announced and coordinated with Yuuki and myself (Yuuki inspires most of these and are actually quite imaginative).

Wednesdays 6 – 8 PM SLT (Hump Day)
DJ Katt
Themes for Wednesday are fairly capricious and depends on my mood and what might be going on at the time. Some Day I may have a regular schedule of them arranged ahead of time like the Friday parties, but then again, don’t count on it as that would be far to organized and predictable.

These are parties for fun and everyone is welcome. Great music by talented DJs, dancing and general craziness. Katt has been DJing for quite a while now and in my humble opinion is quite brilliant at it. Yuuki is still relatively new at DJing but already has won the hearts of the school and anyone that gives her a listen.
So tell your friends, neighbors, random strangers to pop in on these.

Another excellent place for fun is The Katgor Club in the Leshland Mall, where again you will find my good friend Katt DJing and Jo hostessing and might find me sneaking off to for some relax and be silly time. Great music, fun friendly people. I love it.

Kudos go out to a couple other nice clubs I’ve run across
The Gunsmoke Saloon. Great country music with frequent talented live performers and friendly staff and regulars there. I’ve only been there a couple of times but the feeling of being an outsider is quickly remedied by a sociable and fun atmosphere.
Runaround Sue’s if you love the oldies this is THE PLACE. Again the staff and regulars there are open and friendly and makes for a pleasant place to hang out. I have to Google most of the music, but its pleasant and a nice break from the bang bang beats drummed into your head at so many clubs where people are either so enmeshed in their cliques or only speak in gestures.

These reflect my eclectic tastes and looking for something different and fun to do in SL.
If anyone knows of a good Irish/Celtic club/music place where the people are fun I would love to know about it.
That's all for now
Ciao

No comments:

Just Catching Up On Some Reading

I am still around just been busy.