Sunday, January 17, 2010

RELIEF EFFORTS



Vanity and pride are different things, though the words are often used synonymously. A person may be proud without being vain. Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves; vanity, to what we would have others think of us.
Jane Austen

It is evident that you see much more vanity than genuine pride when people are perpetually boasting on how wonderful, powerful and other such nonsense they would have us believe. I find these people so annoyingly boring but I generally keep that opinion to myself.

However that being said as I have been traversing the live music scene in SL, I have been discovering some genuinely wonderful people. The respnses to the disaster in Haiti speaks for itself. Musicians from all over donating their time, talents and own money to reach out.
I encourage everyone in Second Life to support these efforts. The links to the Red Cross and Doctors Without Borders.

No comments:

Just Catching Up On Some Reading

I am still around just been busy.