Sunday, September 5, 2010

Requiem For My Old Computer

It had to happen just before the TGIF party but my trusty old Compaq gave it up and I needed a quick replacement.
Fortunately I had been planning on upgrading soon and had my eye on a new Gateway.
Now powered with 8 gigs of ram and 1TB hard drive I am racing through SL and browsing wonderfully fast. I am so pleased this machine is lean and Windows 7 seems like a treat after the nightmares of XP and Vista.


I had most everything of importance backed up on an external drive already so I lost very little in the demise of the Compaq.
This did leave me in a dilemma. Which viewer to use? I had planned on switching over to Emerald, but with Emerald in disgrace now ultimate demise of the Emerald viewer, I wasn't exactly sure where to go.
Imprudence worked quite nice, but I heard a rumor about the Emergence viewer. It appears to be a temporary viewer cleaned up a bit, by a former Emerald developer. It isn't on the approved 3rd party viewers yer but at least it isn't blacklisted either.
Ill be watching to see if the Phoenix viewer ever gets LL approval as a third party viewer. I can't say the team is worthy of a great deal of trust as it is made up, mostly of the former Emerald Team.
I may give it a try with a close eye on the news. I still have Imprudence to fall back on.

1 comment:

Ravik said...

Oh, you look so mouthwateringly good. Since you said nothing about it, I will. That is one of the hottest outfits I've ever seen you wear. Innocence stepping out to her wild-side. Nice....

Welcome to the modern age of computers. I have never EVER bought a store assembled computer. Every 2 or 3 years the BUG bites me and I have to spec out a new machine and build it. It's easier today then it has ever been, totally free of any bloatware, (except the stuff you get with windows 7), and it's customized for my own specific needs. It's not going to be a problem for you for another 4 or 5 years, but when the time comes, I'd recommend it.

I have a Quad Core 2.4 Gig Pentium, with only 2 gig of ram. My video is a matched set Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT's. A mediocre machine by todays standards, but very upgradeable when I feel the need.

The most important thing is that, YOU STILL LOOK SO VERY HOT!!!!

Just Catching Up On Some Reading

I am still around just been busy.